Horizontal Directional Drilling has developed as an important trenchless technique for installation of new underground utilities, such as water, wastewater, energy and communications.
This one-day course will provide attendees with an understanding of:
- Good practice techniques for horizontal directional drilling covering selection and operation of drill rigs and drilling equipment and drilling fluids.
- Design considerations, including determining drill alignments, selecting pipe materials and determining design loads.
- Risk associated with horizontal directional drilling and how to reduce these risks.
- Factors to consider in the planning and investigation of a horizontal directional drilling project.
Course Attendees will have the skills to ensure that horizontal directional drilling projects do not fail because:
- The techniques selected were not suitable for the situation.
- The wrong equipment was used.
- The investigation works were inadequate.
- The risks of the project were not fully understood.
Who should attend?
- Contractors, clients and consultants from Water, Wastewater, Gas, Power, Sewage, and Telecommunications Industries who may be responsible for projects involving horizontal directional drilling.
- The course will be of benefit to drill operators who are studying for the National Certificate in Civil Construction Works (Horizontal Directional Drilling).
For further information, contact: Blair Telfer